The exponential systems on for a discrete set possibly containing have been considered by Paley and Wiener in their book
R. E. A. C. Paley and N. Wiener. Fourier transforms in the complex domain. American Mathematical Society, New York, 1934.
They called such systems the nonharmonic Fourier series to emphasize the distinction with the usual (harmonic) Fourier series when
In our work we develop a global version of the Fourier analysis adapted to spectral decompositions. If such spectral decomposition comes from a non-self-adjoint operator, it may lead to biorthogonal systems, ‘nonharmonic’ in the sense of Paley and Wiener. For the analysis of such quantizations we need, among other things, a notion of convolution, and we also analyse these in general Hilbert spaces.
More explanations to be added soon. For now just some of our papers on this subject:
- Our main first work on this subject:
Ruzhansky M., Tokmagambetov N., Nonharmonic analysis of boundary value problems, Int. Math. Res. Notices, (2016) 2016 (12), 3548-3615. offprint (open access), arxiv, link
Further related works:
- Ruzhansky M., Tokmagambetov N., Convolution, Fourier analysis, and distributions generated by Riesz bases, arxiv
- Delgado J., Ruzhansky M., Fourier multipliers, symbols and nuclearity on compact manifolds, J. Anal. Math., to appear, arxiv
- Ruzhansky M., Tokmagambetov N., Wave equation for operators with discrete spectrum and irregular propagation speed, Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal., 226 (2017), 1161-1207. offprint (open access), arxiv, link
- Kanguzhin B., Ruzhansky M., Tokmagambetov N., On convolutions in Hilbert spaces, Funct. Anal. Appl., 51 (2017), 221-224. link (eng) link (rus)
- Ruzhansky M., Tokmagambetov N., Nonharmonic analysis of boundary value problems without WZ condition, Math. Model. Nat. Phenom., 12 (2017), 115-140. arxiv, link
- Delgado J., Ruzhansky M., Tokmagambetov N., Schatten classes, nuclearity and nonharmonic analysis on compact manifolds with boundary, J. Math. Pures Appl.,107 (2017), 758-783. offprint (open access), arxiv, link
- Dasgupta A., Ruzhansky M., Eigenfunction expansions of ultradifferentiable functions and ultradistributions, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., 368 (2016), 8481-8498. arxiv, link
- Dasgupta A., Ruzhansky M., Eigenfunction expansions of ultradifferentiable functions and ultradistributions. II. Tensor representations, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., to appear, arxiv